Recently when I was googling I just came across a single word again and again, which made me to do a small research on the topic and found an amazing interesting facts and Do you know what’s the word is?
Yes. It’s GRAPHENE!!!
One of the most simplest experiment in the world which fetch the two genius their Noble Price for Physics in 2010.
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2010 was awarded jointly to Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov “for groundbreaking experiments regarding the two-dimensional material graphene.”
Do you want to know what’s the experiment is? Let’s try the experiment here.
From Graphite to Graphene?
Graphite is the most stable form of carbon arranged covalently in a hexagonal (like a honey comb) rings in many layers and there is no link or bond between one layer to the other which makes graphite more slippery and has high melting and boiling point due to strong covalent bond between them.
But if we a separate a single layer from graphite like removing a single sheet of paper from a bundle, It’s graphene.
Graphene is a single layer of carbon atom arranged hexagon-ally with covalent bonds.
The interesting fact about graphene
- It’s the first 2D element in the periodic table
- even more stronger than steel
- much more harder than diamond
- High conductive of electricity than copper
- So dense not even a small gas atom can pass through it.
OK !!! Let’s imagine a world which has,
- a nano filter which filter the sea water to a portable drinking water
- a mobile phone battery which charges in just 20 sec
- a petrol and diesel vehicles replaced by battery vehicles which charges in just 40 sec
- a fold-able smartphones
- a solar panel which arrest a lot more solar energy(no worries of electricity bills)
- a strongest and light weight bullet proof jacket.
- new super strong materials can be formed.
- in the manufacture of cars, satellite, airplanes and much more.
WOW It’s Amazing right!!! This element gonna rule the future world.
Recently many experiments and researches where going on with this element, one such experiment is that the samnsung has developed a graphene ball, a unique battery which enables 45% increase in capacity and 5 times faster charging speeed.
Probably this discovery of graphene made the scientific world happier which enable them to find many solutions for their questions, especially in the phenomenon of quantum physics.
Every innovation come to existence for the benefit of the world, Hence if the graphene serves the world better it’s very much good and that’s what the world wants.
LET’S WAIT AND SEE…
Subscribe for more updates of science………………..